Saturday, August 20, 2016

2016 Holiday Catalogue Sneak Peek - Totally Trees


I have missed blogging my creations for you. I've been so busy with unexpected happenings that I haven't had the time. I'm back today, however, and hope that I can get more posts going for you.

Today is another Sneak Peek of a stamp set from the 2016 Holiday Catalogue. You'll love this one. It is a two step set that create a variety of trees and includes a rising or setting sun and a ground strip. What I really like about these trees is that some of them can be used as leaves if you wanted to. I still haven't made that card yet, but hope to get to it soon.

I have made three cards so far (just didn't get to post ting them) and as you have seen I love the new copper products. So, today's card is using some of that. This makes a great contemporary or masculine card.


As you can see in the photo below, the tree trunks are heat embossed in copper and the leaves are off stamped or second stamped in Island Indigo. The tree leaves stamp I stamped twice to fill up the tree better. I used the 1/8" punch to punch out tiny circles from the copper foil cardstock scraps. I love the little circles of Copper Metallic thread as well.


And, surprise! No dimesnionals used in the making of this card, so it makes a great mailing card.


To give you an idea what tress are all in the set, here is a photo of the stamp set. Great fun to be had with this set! As a matter of fact, watch for a Fall class coming soon using this set!


Thank you for checking out today's post, and Happy Stamping Everyone!








REMEMBER, this incredible  Stampin' Up! exclusive, limited time bundle is available only from August 2nd through 31st! You can purchase the stamp set and dies separately or as a bundle. You can also use your July Bonus Coupons to get this bundle!



No comments: