Monday, June 13, 2016

Artistically Asian Card & Gift Box - Real Red, Black & Gold


The Asian bold red & black with gold combo is traditional and well loved by many around the world. Think of all the lovely traditional clothing, the black lacquered home decor items, and so on. That is the inspiration for today's all occasion gift giving set of a box and card.

I made two black tassels using embroidery floss; one for the card and one for the box.


This six sided box is created using the Gift Bag Punch Board.


The collage below, shows the box from different angles. When filled with gold or red tissue with the gift, the hole at the top will not matter. The bottom is reinforced.


Now, on to the card. The black lacquered home decor I mentioned earlier, is the inspiration for heat embossing in the clear the bamboo stamp in this set as the background. The black tassel is attached to the back of that and attached to the card base.

I love how the circle, reminiscent of Asian coinage or medallions, turned out. 



Head on frontal look...



Side view for layering...


...and the inside view.



I had a lot of fun making this set, and hope that you are inspired to create with an Asian style.


Happy Stamping!







Extra Stampin’ Rewards!

For the month of June, you can get $40 in Extra Stampin' Rewards when you host a stamping event with $400 or more in sales. That’s more money you can use for products in the new annual catalog, and you know there are PLENTY of new products you’ll want to bring home. Remember, Stampin’ Rewards can be used on a Starter Kit, so this is a great time for you to sign up with me!







 Details
  • Hosts who have qualifying events with $400 CAD or more in sales during the promotion period (June 1 - 30) will receive $40 CAD in Extra Stampin’ Rewards for the order.
  • Hosts may participate in this promotion multiple times by hosting multiple events, but each event must qualify on its own.
  • Customer, workshop, and online orders qualify for this promotion.
  • Qualifying orders must qualify with merchandise prior to shipping and tax.



4 comments:

Unknown said...

SIMPLE BEAUTIFUL. You do such amazing work. I always look forward to receiving your e-mail. I only wish you lived here in the states on the eastern coast !
Thank you for all you do for us.

Marianne M said...

Sabrina, I'm pretty critical of the artwork I see out there as far as stamping, cards, etc; and I want you to know that I think you are REALLY talented! I've been watching your blog for several weeks now and continue to be impressed with everything you do. Thanks for the inspiration!

Linda Vich said...

Wow, wow, wow!

Sabrina said...

TY Linda, Marianne & Susan. I was amazed at your generous praise. They made me smile and feel good. I am happy to make you happy with what you see on my blog. Sharing to inspire others is a wonderful feeling. Happy creating!