Friday, April 10, 2015

Butterfly Basics - Tall & Skinny



Hello Everyone!


I mentioned yesterday that I like the long/tall & skinny cards. Well, today I have another one to show you. Even though I`m using the same stamp set (Basic Butterfly), the card is very different from the one you saw yesterday.

The rustic honeycomb background is all stamped repeatedly as a second stamping to make the Crumb Cake ink lighter. The Mossy Meadow green was stamped 1 to 4 times to get the dimension and faded background look.

The flowers were stamped with Mossy Meadow onto Crumb Cake cardstock, and the flower tops onto Very Vanilla then coloured in with a damp brush and Crushed Curry ink. I then cut out the flowers and attached them onto the cut out stamped image.

I love the look of the card with the off setting of the last layer. I believe this card could be both a masculine or feminine card because of the colours and the rustic honey comb background.

The following is a photo of the from the side so that you can see that the only things popped up are the flowers and the sentiment.


 I did a little stamping on the inside of the card as well.


Well that's it for this card. Hope you are inspired to use your Butterfly Basics stamp set too. It's a great set to make a couple of beautiful Mother's Day cards with.  Maybe I'll make one next!

See below for the supplies used to make this card.

Happy Stamping!



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog




1 comment:

Susan K said...

Just saw your card on Pinterest and love it! I like tall, skinny cards too and you've used the size to create a unique card from the beautiful butterfly basics set. Awesome job!