Monday, November 3, 2014

My First Share!

I'm excited to share with you my first Stampin' Up creation with you! A Christmas card! OK, I know it's not what you expected. It isn't what I expected to make either for my first Christmas card creation with Stampin' Up, but I didn't get my Christmas Designer Series paper and had my new Christmas stamps. What was I to do? A non-traditional Christmas card of course!


Any way, I thought this card could work for someone that might be going on a tropical cruise or vacation at Christmas. These certainly are very tropical colours! If you saw the video of my opening the Start Up Kit' you will know that I have a very limited resource right now. So I did what I could.

I certainly had fun stamping the 2nd stamped stars(Festival of Trees) and the snowflakes (Endless Wishes) in the background. And since my 'Tree Punch' hasn't yet arrived, I fussy cut the foreground tree as well as the little stamped Cardinals (Festival of Trees). I sparkled up the ornaments, snow, and Cardinal by the sentiment banner with 'Dazzling Details'.

Here is what I did on the inside.


In the next couple of photos you can see the layering better.



I wanted to share with you also, how impressed I was with Stampin' Up's Photopolymer stamps and their ink pads! A gentle touch is all you need to create beautiful clear images!

I look forward to getting my Christmas papers and hope they arrive soon. In the meantime I will create with my little Stampin' Up pile. I already have a couple of ideas I can hardly wait to share with you.

Till next time, happy stamping and creating!






No comments: